When men have erectile problems, men usually try to keep silent about it. Insteadd of consulting a doctor, they prefer to purchase various drugs that allow them to get an erection and last longer in bed. Everyone knows about the popular ED drugs – Viagra, Cialis, Levitra… But it is nt always possible to buy them without prescription. Perhaps, you’ve heard an opinion that Vitamin D can cure erectile dysfucntion. It is a myth a reality? Let’s find it out.
Vitamin D really improves potency!
Not everyone knows that vitamin D increases potency. Unlike drugs that stimulate erection right away, this ingredient will help in the long run. In India, a study was conducted which involved 143 men who had erectile problems. More than half of them also suffered from vitamin D deficiency.
If these stastitics are not very impressive, then a study conducted at Johns Hopkins University in the USA does make you think about the miraculous effect of this vitamin.
A team of researchers from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, led by Erin Michos, found a relationship between vitamin D deficiency and erectile dysfunction.
The authors analyzed data from more than 3,400 Americans over the age of 20. 30% of them were found to be vitamin D deficient – its blood level did not exceed 20 ng/vl. 16% of the participants in the experiment suffered from erectile dysfunction.
It turned out that 35% of men diagnosed with erectile dysfunction also suffered from vitamin D deficiency. Among men who did not have such disorders, this vitamin deficiency was detected only in 29%.
Why is vitamin D needed?
Vitamin D is needed to maintain endothelial cells, which keep blood vessels functioning properly. Poor circulation affects not only erection but also many other processes in the body.
For example, a lack of vitamin D can lead to the formation of free radicals – superoxides – in the blood. They deplete the blood vessels (more specifically, the nitric oxides that help the vessels work properly) and blood circulation slows down. An erection directly depends on how quickly blood circulates in a man’s body.
Many doctors advise patients suffering from reduced potency to take a blood test and check the level of vitamin D. If it is low, it is necessary to replenish the reserves of the vitamin in the body.
What foods contain vitamin D?
The sun is not the only source of the vitamin. To regain your former passion in bed and treat erectile dysfucntion, doctors advise changing the diet in favor of foods containing vitamin D in large quantities. For example, it is recommended to eat fish – tuna, mackerel, salmon. Or beef liver. It is also worth eating more eggs and dairy products (cheese, soy milk, cottage cheese) and drinking orange juice.
Can vitamin D be harmful to health?
Yes, maybe. Therefore, it is very important not to overdo it in the pursuit of sexual exploits. Nitrogen oxides help blood vessels relax and pump blood faster. If circulation is too fast (which is a health hazard), vitamin D releases into the body will increase. Its excess can lead to loss of appetite, increased pressure, cramps and muscle spasms, fatigue (which is unlikely to help in bed), depletion of bone mass and kidney failure.
Should I start taking vitamin D if I have ED?
First you need to take a blood test and check the level of vitamin D in the blood. If the indicators are significantly below the norm, you should consult a doctor to choose the right vitamin complex that will help restore the balance of elements in the blood. With minor deviations, you can change the diet and eat more foods containing vitamin D. After a few months, it is better to take a blood test again to track not only your progress in bed but also the state of the body as a whole. After all, it is unlikely that increased erection levels the consequences of kidney failure, high blood pressure and weak bones.
What other vitamins are good for men’s health?
The first thing to think about if you are struggling with erectile dysfuction is whether your diet contains all the vitamins and minerals necessary for potency.
- Zinc. Perhaps, zinc is the main trace element for men. It is a building material for testosterone, i.e. its molecule is not formed without zinc. It means: no zinc – no testosterone, no testosterone – no potency. Zinc increases sperm motility and has a preventive effect against prostatitis. Zinc is also essential for normal development, growth and immunity. These are foods that contain zinc: fish (perch, trout, herring, saury, salmon), wheat bran, oysters, shrimp, garlic, nuts, egg yolk, squid, anchovies. The daily zinc dose for men is 15 mg.
- Selenium. Selenium is also a very essential mineral for men. It affects the reproductive function and will be very useful for men suffering from infertility because it improves sperm quality. Selenium is involved in the biosynthesis of testosterone and supports the functioning of the genital organs. What foods contain selenium? These are garlic, eggs, seafood (fish, squid, shrimp), black bread, corn, tomatoes. The daily selenium dose for men is 55-70 mcg.
- Vitamin C. In addition to the main functions of maintaining immunity, vitamin C increases the elasticity of blood vessels and improves blood circulation, including to the genitals. Vitamin C increases testosterone synthesis. It is a prophylactic against prostatitis. Foods containing vitamin C: cabbage (fresh and sauerkraut), citrus fruits (lemon, orange, tangerine, grapefruit), green onions, parsley, carrots. The daily dose of vitamin C for men is 100 mg.
- Vitamin E. It is a natural antioxidant that promotes cell renewal and increases their resistance to destruction. Vitamin E normalizes the permeability of capillaries, which leads to improved blood circulation, including to the genitals. Foods containing vitamin E are vegetable oils (olive, sunflower, corn), egg yolk, celery, green onions. The daily dose of vitamin E for men is 30 mg.
- B vitamins. They increase the synthesis of the main male sex hormone – testosterone, protect the liver, restore the human energy structure. B vitamins also participate in 15,000 biochemical processes occurring in the human body. Foods containing B vitamins are dairy products (milk, cottage cheese, cheese), nuts, carrots, fish. The daily dose of B vitamins for men: vitamin B6 – 2 mg, vitamin B12 – 2 mcg. Vitamin b12 dosage for erectile dysfunction could be 1000 mcg for the first few weeks, and then one may follow with some small maintenance dosage for the next 2-3 months.
You should also remember that vitamins and minerals derived from natural foods are more effective than their synthetic counterparts.